Tomatoes and heat


Mondays are unusual. Despite the extended "vacation" I have been on I still can't get used to going to bed Sunday night and they waking up Monday morning and not having somewhere I have to be. I kind of hope I don't get used to it.

Anyways, I did have somewhere to be this afternoon. I had a job interview. The job was right up my alley, something I could probably do in my sleep. However, I found that they were only going to offer $30K a year or about $15hr. So I had to tell them thanks, but no thanks. I am finding that many employers want someone with extensive background and experience to run their entire multi-million dollar office, but aren't willing to pay more than management at Dairy Queen or Dillard's. Oh well, I did get two more calls today so I'll see where those take me.

I noticed today that we're getting a beautiful crop of cherry tomatoes on our AeroGarden. I love the AeroGarden. You've probably seen it on an infomercial on TV or perhaps on QVC. This thing is awesome. We've already grown lettuce (though I wouldn't recommend the lettuce because it was a very bitter tasting lettuce) and now we're growing tomatoes and doing well. Check them out. I think that I give the herbs a go next.

Oh, BTW, it hit 97 degrees today. Yes, that's 3 degrees shy of 100. Eeekkk! The only things we have saving us is the fact that it is still relatively cool at night - getting down to the 60s. It's only a matter of time until we will be stuck in the 100s. Boy, I love AZ!

1 comments:

deena leena said...

Good luck in the interviews and your tomatoes look wonderful. Carol has one of those, but she's not pulled it out of the box yet...