The power to do...

I told my personal trainer today that I would have to bring in a camera sometime so that he can take a picture of me lifting weights. There are some people (ehm! -- namely my brothers) who have a hard time believing me when I tell them how much weight I'm lifting. Figuring that when I started I couldn't lift the empty bar (45lbs), and today I bench pressed 135 lbs, I've done some improving. My mom keeps warning me that I'll look like a muscle man if I'm not careful. I tell her that I have a LONG ways to go before I'm even close to that.

I'm actually surprised at how much I'm starting to enjoy working out. Not that I like it enough to exercise more than 4 days a week, but at least I don't dread it anymore. When I first started working out I would start worrying about going into the gym the night before. In fact personal training appointments were a serious stress -- mentally and emotionally -- for me. Now I really look forward to them. It really reminds me of that quote...

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do. Not because the nature of the thing has changed. Rather our power to do has increased."

1 comments:

Jani said...

That's so awesome, Megan--good for you! I'd love to see a few photos. :)