My genes are showing again...CKC Mesa

So twice a year in Arizona the hearts of all the Valley scrapbookers go pitter-patter a little faster than normal as the Creating Keepsakes Convention (CKC) rolls into the Valley of the Sun. Each April it rolls into Mesa, Arizona (and into Phoenix in September) and I eagerly sign-up with the other hoards of croppers to take over priced classes, to battle the swarms of deal-hunters in the vendor fare, and to have a generally fantastic time. I deviated from the norm this time, in that I ONLY signed up for 3 classes this afternoon -- no evening crops, no all morning string of classes, and no hours wandering the vendor arena. I did however, drag my mother along. She is such a good sport, and generally really enjoys herself. But seeing as I got my "crafting gene" from her, it is only fair that she suffer the affliction with me.

We signed up for 3 classes that did not involve any type of scrapbook page layout. At this point, I don't particularly care to have anyone else dictate to me how I show layout my scrapbook page. Instead we signed up for more "home decor" scrappin' classes. One being a bunch of photos blocks (big heavy wooden blocks) to eventually be stacked on a cute shelf or something. The other class was a small wall hanging. I've included pictures for your edification and enjoyment. I actually think it turned out pretty cute.

1 comments:

Jani said...

Looks like FUN! No scrapping conventions around here. Heck, I don't even scrapbook anymore, I'm too busy taking photos! Yeah, the irony has struck me a few times . . . :)