Beautiful Women

I belong to a family filled with amazing women. Last night several of us got together for dinner and talkin'. It was actually the first time we've ever done something like this. Usually family get-togethers involve the ENTIRE family; however, as my cousins and I have gotten older we have begun to renew our personal relationships with each other and what I'm finding is that I am related to some truly wonderful women. So last night was "Schaub Girls Night Out". It was just a small gathering this time, but we are hoping to do this kind of thing regularly allowing more cousins and aunts to join in.

Last night we had dinner at Lucille's, a barbeque joint in Mesa. My meal would be considered mediocre at best. Arguably, the hit of the evening was the fried pickles, yum.

This is my beautiful cousin Denise. She didn't want to have her picture taken, but no one is exempt when my camera comes out.Kimber was planning to pack for a cruise to Puerto Rico this weekend, but was waiting to hear whether the lovely swine flu was going to put a kabash on her vacation plans.Jeana and I are not only cousins, but good friends. I am blessed to have her in my life.I was thrilled that my mom could take time away from her school work to enjoy the evening with us.Kimber and Natalie know how to liven up any get together. Our range of conversation was truly broad -- from Darwanism to the Holocaust and teaching children to swim. It is always interesting to spend time with my family.
My very uninspiring chicken salad. If you look closely you will see only 4 measly pieces of cold dry chicken and someone forgot to dry the lettuce -- yum salad soup.
And perhaps my favorite attendee of the evening -- baby Rigdon, Natalie's 4 week old baby -- he was sooooo tiny. His nana, my Aunt Donna, is holding him. Unfortunately this is the only picture I got of Aunt Donna and of course her eyes would be closed. Sorry, Aunt Donna!
Well that's it for our evening. Ladies, we will definitely have to have another one real soon. Love ya'll!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! I was waiting all day for you to post this. I knew you'd pull through!

I have to agree, the food was NOT good. Except the pickles were YUMMO. In fact, will you try to re-create those sometime? I'd love to see how they turn out. **I'll give you a little hint to start with: they used claussen dill pickles. I hate to admit but I'm a pickle connoisseur. Those are the only pickles we eat in our house.

I loved your pictures. They turned out great!

Donna said...

Megan,
Thanks for the fun evening! It was nice to be included with all the younger, beautiful women in our family! Love the photos...we can always count on you for good pictures!
Love you,
Auntie Donna

CeeJ said...

WHAT THE HECK?!? You're related to the Goodwins??!? NO WONDER I ADORE YOU!!! lol. I grew up right down the street from them!! They're awesome!
Jimmy Dean is the reason my brothers aren't hoodlems! You've got some GOOD family relations, my friend!!! What a small world...

Megan- I officially give you my unbiased outside (unrelated) opinion... you do belong to an amazing family. So says CJ. :)