Strawberries, Strawberries & Strawberries

I was shopping in Walmart on Saturday and was walking through Walmart's -- usually very uninspiring -- produce section when this beautiful smell of fresh ripe strawberries struck. With a skeptical eye, I looked around to find the stand of strawberries. I could actually see the individual bright red strawberries from almost 8 yds away. I quickly headed over and while deeply inhaling the fragrence I grabbed several different pints to check for hidden flaws, and low and behold there weren't any. So I quickly dumped a few pints in my basket, because I LOVE STRAWBERRIES. So once home I just couldn't wait to "make" something with the strawberries so I decided to eat them my favorite way.I'm going to share with you the MAGIC STRAWBERRY recipe....
1. wash the strawberries and dry them.
2. dip them in sour cream (I pretend this is a healthy recipe by using non-fat sour cream).
3. roll the sour cream dipped strawberries in brown sugar.
4. Eat and be amazed.

I do NOT recommend subsituting anything else for the sour cream. You will find that the sour cream is exactly the right compliment to the sweet strawberry and the sweeter brown sugar. It really is my favorite way to eat strawberries.


However, the salad I made for lunch on Saturday, was another amazing way to consume strawberries. Here's the recipe for that:
  • lettuce
  • strawberries, quartered
  • ham lunch meat, sliced up
  • crumbled feta cheese
  • pecans -- I turned them into cinnamon sugared pecans, by heating them in a pan with some cinnamon and sugar until the sugar melts and then when you remove it from the heat the sugar hardeneds, YUM!
  • Sesame Ginger salad dressing from Maple Grove Farms (only 2g fat per serving) and it's DELICIOUS!!!!
This salad was stinkin' good. You've got to try it.Anyways, here's to strawberries...delicious bites of red joy. Go and get ya' some!

0 comments: