Green, Sweetness, and Heat

What do these three things have in common?  Well, they were the three themes of my 365 Photos this first part of the week.  I took some great pictures today, but I'll wait till tomorrow to share those, as it is getting late and I want to write more about them.

So Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday...Monday, I finally got around to plucking enough basil leaves from my basil plant to make a batch of pesto.  This was my first real harvest. I've been growing this basil for months, and there just never seemed to be enough leaves for me to go picking enough to make pesto.

Monday, June 20th was the day and I combined the basil with some spinach to make a wonderfully delicious pesto.  I tossed it with angel hair pasta, some feta and peas and enjoyed a DELICIOUS dinner.  Check it out...


Tuesday, June 21st was an extremely busy day. However, in between running back and forth to work I was able to spend about an hour with my niece, just holding her while she napped. What a great way to unwind. I did eventually leave to go back to work, and just before I left I snapped this picture of her waking up.



And Wednesday, June 22nd was the first day of Summer, or at least it felt like it. Oh my goodness was it hot!!! And I've got the picture to prove it.


Yes, the picture on the left was taken in my car and the picture on the right was taken at home and the thermometer is underneath the shaded patio. Seeeeeee, it's HOT!

Come back tomorrow to see my tale of the ladybugs, you won't want to miss it.

0 comments: