365-days of photographs -- DAY 1

So I've been thinking about setting some goals to improve my skills.  Some times I feel like I dabble in a bunch of things, but really haven't become an expert at any of them.  Sooooo, I decided that the only way to become an expert at anything is to practice.

Practicing photography, a skill I would like to vastly improve upon, means that I have to take more pictures. And hopefully, as I analyze what I take, how I take it, and then refer frequently to the experts, I can improve upon this skill.

This in mind, I've decided to take the 365 challenge.  I am setting a goal to take at least 1 photo a day for 365 days.  I would prefer that this is a "good" photo, but any photo will do.  My goal is also to share them with you.  I'm not saying that I will be blogging once a day for 365 days, but at least a few times a week in order to share with you what I've captured.

I found out more about this 365 challenge from the "CaptureYour365" website.  They explain this whole "thing" so well...

365 is about your life. It is about capturing, documenting, and preserving all that is important to us. People come to this project for so many different reasons, with so many different motivations. 

 I thought about starting this off as a New Year's resolution, but who cares when I start this goal.  Whether I start today or on January 1st it will still be 365 days and I need to get over my tendency to procrastinate (another one of those improvements I need more practice with).  I'm also hoping this will end up being a good photo-journal of my life, not just the "events' but the day-to-day living.

So today marks the start of my 365 - A Photo A Day Project.  And my first photo is


The soda cans sitting on my desk right now.  I'm in love with the Black Cherry Fresca.  I know, not necessarily a monumental work of art, but it's late and I'm ready to go to bed.  I'll shoot a better subject tomorrow.

2 comments:

Katrina Kennedy said...

So glad you are taking the challenge! Thank you for stopping by CY365!

Looking forward to seeing Day 365 ;)

Merfy said...

Love it! I am excited to see your photo journal over the next 365 days!