Gourmet food truck lunch - First Friday with Phoenix Street Food

Sunshine and Spices-
tacos and samosa

I'm a self-proclaimed foodie.  Not only do I enjoy cooking and baking, but I'm always looking for new and interesting places to eat.  I've been watching EatStreet on Cooking channel and lamenting the fact that I never see any good food trucks around Phoenix. I do see the occasional roach-coach, but what they serves doesn't count as "gourmet food".

In my search for food trucks in Phoenix I came across First Friday and event in Phoenix, held, of course, on the first Friday of the month.  During lunch a bunch of "gourmet food" trucks gather to offer lunch for the hungry masses. Phoenix Street Food helps to get the word out about all the vendors. Jack pot!!!

I actually took today off of work, not just for the Phoenix Street Food lunch (but mostly).  I needed a break and today seemed like the perfect day to take it.

Kiki, her two youngest and my mom joined me for a little field trip into downtown Phoenix.  The weather really wasn't too bad. It's June, in phoenix, so we were expecting it to be at least a little warm.  Finding the Phoenix Street Food location wasn't too difficult.  All the trucks were at the southeast corner of 1st Street and McKinley in downtown Phoenix.

A covered parking area was converted into an outdoor eatery complete with misters and outdoor air conditioning units.  Fortunately we got there early enough that we got our food before the rush of people arrived.  By the time we left, the place was packed.

We had one rule - we all had to order our meals from somewhere different.  This way we were able to try several different things.  Of course I took a bunch of pictures.  You'll have to check out my pictures and read to the captions to see what I thought of the food.



Bottom line...loved the food at the Phoenix Street Food event.  If you get the chance, check it out.

0 comments: