Ready, Set, SHOOT! - First week of 365

So I've been successful so far...for all 3 days. :)  It's been something that I've really had to be conscious about.  I've already found that I actually have to keep my camera out.  One of the impediments to taking photos has been the inconvenience of getting my camera down from the closet in my bedroom. I was just too darn lazy to go and get it when a photo opportunity arose.  Now I just keep it out on my desk and it's easy to grab.

So here are a few of the photos from my first week.  And it's obvious that I've got a lot of improving to do!

Friday, June 17, 2011 -- I took the theme "Purple" and looked around for something to match the theme.  I appreciated having a theme to inspire me otherwise I'd be looking around for the normal things I take pictures of, and I've got way too many pictures of the normal.

Anyways, my niece was over and playing with the fridge-magnet alphabet letters.


And it's officially summer because we've had more than 5 days in a row of 100+ degree temperatures.  The munchkins were over to go swimming on Friday. (nothing to do with purple but loved his expression)



Saturday, June 18, 2011 - A CRAZY day.  I was going from 6:30am - 10:30pm, non-stop.  My nephew was baptized on Saturday, so it was definitely worth a few pictures.  I learned on Saturday, that there is a time and a place for taking pictures.  After the baptism we all went over to my brothers house for lunch and it was just so darn crowded that it wasn't really practical to whip out the camera.  Besides that I was hungry and so I chose a plate of food over my camera. :)

Here's my brother with his son.

They barely stood still long enough for me to take there picture. Can you tell which ones are brothers?


The little girls stayed still longer, but weren't any happier to get their picture taken.


This was my favorite photo of the day - my parents.


Sunday, June 19, 2011 - Today was Father's Day.  I have the best father in the whole world.  He has been and will continue to be my hero!  This evening we had a family dinner to celebrate Dad.  I made a delicious roast and we had along with it a few of dad's favorites.

My youngest brother and my dad.


One of my dad's favorite desserts - german chocolate cake.  I even made the frosting from scratch and boy, oh, boy what a difference.  It was delicious.



3 comments:

andrea said...

I love the pictures, Megan!
You know what's funny??? I made german chocolate cake for my dad today too! (AND frosting from scratch!) Great minds think alike ... or great men have similar tastes.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Andrea! It really is hard to beat a good german chocolate cake...actually it's hard to beat anything chocolate.

Unknown said...

Megan, thanks for the photos and the kind remarks. You are beautiful and wonderful!