Hot, hot, and hot brought to by the letter S

I'm really having fun with the 365 A Photo A Day. I'm looking for opportunities to record life. My skills still need improving, but it's coming along. Rather than bore you with a daily photo log, I think I'll just share with you the highlights of my life.

Saturday, June 25 - Crop Day
You probably realize by now that I like to scrapbook. It is a creative outlet for me that does not require a computer (which I desperately crave). I started a scrapbook group about 7 years ago called the East Valley Scrapbook Guild and have met some wonderful women through it. We get together about once a month to crop. The Saturday before last my sister was able to join us. The time always flies too quickly when I'm cropping with friends. I did take time out to snap a few photos.




The other big news from this past week has been the temperature. For my friends who live in AZ, you experienced it first hand...it was stinkin' HOT this week. On Wednesday, June 29th it was really weird because it also rained. So it was 110 degrees outside and raining. Don't believe me, check it out...



Friday's letter of the day was brought to us by my 2 year old niece....


The letter S.


This past Saturday, July 2nd my youngest brother and his wife moved from far, far, far east Mesa (ASU housing) to Kingman.  Did I mention it was a record breakingly hot...again, my obsession with the thermometer...
Yes, that thermometer is reading 119 degrees, and I should probably tell you that the thermometer itself is outside under the shaded patio.  So that was 119 degrees under the shade. AAGGHH!!!!!

So, my dad, brothers, and brother-in-law loaded everything up very early in the morning - can you imagine how much fun it is to load up a moving van with 4 engineers and a physical therapist (doesn't that sound like the start of a joke).  And then they all rolled out for a 4 hour drive to Kingman. 



My sister and I rolled in behind them and spent 2 1/2 hours cleaning their old house for them...yes, that's love!  I wouldn't say that we had fun, but we definitely worked up a sweat.  Now I normally try to avoid sharing picture of myself but I'm actually going to post one. AND, it's a horrible picture of me because I have no make-up on, i'm wearing my workout clothes, and i've just spent 2 1/2 hours sweating and cursing over an old kitchen floor. Tada...

And the only reason I had my picture taken was because it was the condition under which my sister would allow me to take her picture.

OK, for a recap of my Sunday, July 3rd photos you'll need to head over to my food Blog - A Feast For the Senses, because Sunday's pictures were of my 3-ingredient-roast-that-will-knock-your-socks-off.

AND, last but not least, HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!  I'll be celebrating today with family.  I'm grateful to be an AMERICAN and deeply grateful for the men and women who helped establish this country and continue to sacrifice so that I may enjoy the blessings of liberty and freedom.

1 comments:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

So, who are 2 people that would voluntarily clean your house for you?!?! Oh, that's right my incredible 2 sister in laws...I still feel guilt even thinking about it. Thank you a million times over for your sweet service and desire to help. Really, it made it that less stressful for me.

I hope it wasn't too bad, with those old houses there isn't a way to get them sparkling clean...because my theory is they just put another coat of paint on everything.

Thank you again Meg, I truly love you and have always been inspired by your genuine example of goodness. :) Miss you!