Happy New Year - Highlights from 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope each of you had a wonderful holiday season. I just got back yesterday from spending 6 days in Rexburg, ID with my sister Kiki and her family. The visit was fantastic and it went by entirely too quickly. However, I can say that today I'm thoroughly enjoying sitting at home with the windows open because it is 68 degrees outside.

I was thinking about how quickly 2009 went by, and all of the momentous occasions of this past year I wanted to capture a few of the highlights for my own sake, but you're welcome to check them out.

January
  • went on a business trip to Clearwater, FL; stayed in a totally spooky haunted hotel called the Belleview Biltmore



February
  • my roommate from Ricks College (1992-1994) Diana Slack/McInelly came out from Nebraska and stopped for a visit.



  • another business trip, this time to Myrtle Beach, FL where I had the best seafood dinner I've ever eaten (and that's saying a lot because I hate seafood and try never to eat it).
  • (my coworkers from Pinnacle that went to the conference with me - btw I designed the company banners for our "booth")
March
  • garage sale - didn't sell much but always enjoy putting out our junk

April
  • some friends and I went out to Disneyland in CA and had a blast!


May
  • the last time I went out for Pizza with Grandpa Schaub; my G'ma and G'pa Schaub had a long standing tradition of Peter Piper Pizza ever single Thursday night, anyone was welcome to join them. May was the last time I had pizza with Gpa Schaub (sorry the picture is blurry, but it is precious to me)

  • Baby Karlie is born on May 25th and I and my sister-in-law Ellie drive up with our niece Kaylie to visit the Weichers Family and see the new baby.




June
  • On June 13, 2009, Gordon Grant Johnson, my maternal-grandfather, died after battling cancer for months. My family went out to Spring, Texas for the funeral on June 19, 2009.


  • me and my Grandma Johnson


  • On June 26, 2009, Arthur Lee Schaub, my paternal-grandfather, died. We had his funeral on June 30th.

  • (my dad and all of his siblings, and his mother at their father's funeral)


July
  • July 4th competed in my first Sprint Triathlon - the JCC Scottsdale Firecracker Sprint Triathlon, and finished.



  • Schaub family campout at Woods Canyon Lake on the Mogollon Rim. The Weichers family drove down to join us.


August
  • My company moved me to a new office building just down the street from our old building. Along with a new cubicle I got a new title "Marketing Programs Manager" - someday I'll get a paycheck that matches my hoity-toity title, till then I'm just grateful for a job. Here's my "mug-shot" for my new employee badge.


  • Also had a big personal move as well, due to some changes in my roommate situation and a desire to get my finances in order, I decided to move back with my parents. It was a difficult decision to make, but it was the right one. My family is wonderful and supportive and I am enjoying time spent with my parents.
September
  • apparently a quiet month, cuz I can't find any good pictures

October
  • Dad and I hiked the Grand Canyon's Indian Garden trail in one day, the weekend before my birthday. Yahoo!!!!



  • Auntie Megan had her annual Halloween party again



  • My Grandma Johnson was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma a form of cancer, and begins chemo.

November
  • A little dutchoven cooking with some friends.



  • Thanksgiving with family was pretty low-key this year. I spent much of it chasing after Kara trying to get a picture (aka -hit a moving target).



  • Baby Adam Schaub was born to my brother Justin and his wife Rachel on November 30th.



December
  • My great-uncle John and great-aunt Amy came from Branson, Missouri to visit us for a week. My Uncle John is extremely musically talented and has been a Hawaiian music performer for most of his entire life. My auntie Amy is a wonderful hula dancer.



  • This past Christmas I spent time in Rexburg visiting my sister Kiki and her family.


I have been extremely blessed this past year. Though there have been many trials, and challenges faced by myself and my family, we have been richly blessed. I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who has given me an abundance of support, love, strength, learning experiences, growth opportunities, beautiful memories, and peaceful moments of reflection. I pray that 2010 will bring all of us a year filled with peace and love.

1 comments:

Merfy said...

I love your year in review!