Food, Family and Fun and Joe's

As the second part to The Best Dance Recital Ever, we headed to Joe's Farmhouse Grill for lunch. Joe's is a great restaurant out in Agritopia/Gilbert, AZ. It was actually featured last year on Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives on the Food Network. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their garlic fries...did I mention that I really LOVE them. If you love garlic, you must come and eat at Joe's.

It's an interesting place to eat and the food is great.Ethan can be a picky eater, and by "can be" I mean he is. He really likes pizza, but he doesn't like "green things", that includes basil or oregano. So he will find and extract all the "green things" he can see on his pizza. Talk about labor intensive.Along with their garlic fries (that I LOVE) Joe's also serve a great sweet potato fry with pinnaple chutney - yum. Mom and I split a basket along with a chicken curry salad sandwich and a chicken pesto sandwich - my tastebuds stood up and aplauded. Kaylie is one of my favorite people to eat with, she's always entertaining and she's willing to try anything -- makes for a great dinner companion.
Jamie's brother John was in town, visiting from Colorado, and he joined us in the insanity. Here's the conversation they are having...

John: You're upside down.
Audrey (in her very high little voice): No, you're upside down.
John: No, you're upside down.
Audrey: No, you're upside down (smile, giggle, giggle).
John: No, see your chins up on top and your eyes are on the bottom. That means you're upside down.
Audrey: No, you're upside down.
Now I'm sure you can see how long this can last. Here's Jamie watching the whole exchange. She's probably getting a kick out of watching someone else try to reason with a 3 year old.
Zack said he wanted a hot dog. You can see how much he really wanted it. He's just too busy being a 5 year old boy to sit down and eat.
After chowing down on the great food, we stopped outside for a few photos. I even let the kids take a few pictures with "Auntie Megan's" camera. These however, are not them.This photo was taken a moment before Audrey threw an elbow at Ethan's head for being "in my way" -- I'm sure it was a move she learned from her father.

3 comments:

Merfy said...

I have wanted to try that place since I saw it on Food network!

Nicole Schaub said...

I agree, those fries are awesome! I also like their burgers. And the little coffee house next door (across from the little farmer's market) has delicious cupcakes and scones.
Nicole

Dennis/Debra Schaub said...

Megan-what a wonderful tribute to a truly wonderful person. Of course I think are my kids are uber amazing. It's great to have someone with your talent put it into words. Thanks for being our family historian (not that that lets the rest of us off the hook). Love ya', MOM