An Angry Would-be Runner

So last Saturday, May 2nd, I went to Famous Foot Wear to buy me some new running shoes. Since I've decided to get serious about this whole running thing, I figured I'd better get some decent footwear. The cross-trainers I have now are over a year old and well worn -- what won't be well worn after supporting me through numerous sweat sessions at the gym?! So I found some great New Balance running shoes at Famous Foot Wear and because I've got such big feet they didn't have my size. Well the very "helpful" sales lady said "No Problem! We have free home delivery!" So she found me what I wanted in their stock and arranged to have it shipped for FREE to my home. She says with a very big "helpful" grin and bobbing head, "...and if it's coming from one of our Phoenix stores it should be to your house in 3 business days!"

So I've been waiting...........and waiting..........and waiting.

In the meantime I've been running (at least my version of running) on my old beat up cross-trainers, and actually feeling the strain on my arches and shins.

And did I mention I'm still waiting.......and waiting.

I've checked the mail every single day. I figured if it did in fact have to come from somewhere else than Phoenix, then 5 days would be sufficient time to ship it.

Silly me...that would be too easy. I finally decided to check the shipping status online. AGGHHH!!! They initiated the shipment of my shoes on May 8th -- that's 6 whole days after I placed my order. AND the stupid shoes aren't scheduled for delivery until May 15th!!! What I failed to check was the small print that said "Home Delivery will take 7-10 BUSINESS days" and my oh-so-helpful-and-perky-sales-person failed to inform me.

So, moral of the story is, don't bother with Famous Footwear's Home Delivery service. It bites!

0 comments: