Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake

I don't think I've ever posted twice in the same day, but I just had to share my latest creation from the kitchen...Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake, from Cooking Light Magazine. I found these fabulous fresh blueberries on sale at Safeway this week and bought them. I had the whole pound this week (blueberries with yogurt - yum!) and went back yesterday and got another pound. So yesterday while organizing some recipes I found this one and decided to try it. Can you say DIVINE! This bundt cake is absolutely delicious -- light lemon essence, with succulent blueberries, and just enough sweetness with out being heavy. I just had to share, and take pictures of it. Let me tell you, it tastes even better than it looks and it was pretty darn easy to make. I hope you give it a try.

Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake
Cooking Light Magazine

Cake:
Cooking spray
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
3 C. all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ¾ c. granulated sugar
¼ C. butter, softened
1 Tbsp. grated lemon rind (zest)
4 large eggs
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 16-oz container fat-free sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries
Glaze:
1 C. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To prepare cake, coat a 12-cup bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. Lightly spook flour into dry measure cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
4. Place 1 ¾ C. granulated sugar, butter, and lemon zest in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 4 minutes total). Beat in vanilla and sour cream. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes on a wire rack, remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over cooled cake. Yield’s 16 servings.

3 comments:

Melissa Yergensen said...

Oh my goodness ... sounds DELICIOUS!!

Natalie said...

Uh, yummo! I want some of that! But every time I hear "bundt" cake I think of My Big Fat Greek Wedding! So funny!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Meg! That really does look super yummy!!! I think I'm actually going to try and make it cause that recipe even looks easy enough for me to try. The good thing is that Jeffy will eat it too since it's semi healthy!! I just bought some blueberries and they went bad cause we didn't eat them fast enough!! Thanks again for the delicious post! :)