Deliciously Perfect Homemade Chili

They say that you eat first with your eye and then your mouth. I would argue that you eat first with you nose, then your eyes, and then your mouth, because let me tell ya, I could smell this DELICIOUSLY PERFECT HOMEMADE CHILI before I set my eyes on it, and before it ever crossed my tongue. It tastes even better than it looks or even smells! And it's pretty healthy ta boot. Here's the recipe I made up:

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 lrg. onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 poblano chili, diced (if you don't like heat, reduce to 1/2)
4 cloves of garlic, diced
2 TBS taco seasoning
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chili beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 (80z) can tomato sauce
salt & pepper

Brown the meat**. Add diced vegetables and sautee them with the meat for approx. 4-5, allowing vegetables to soften. Season meat and veges with taco seasoning. Add beans and canned tomatoes to the pot. Stir and let the chili simmer on med-low for at least 30 min, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and garnish of cilantro.

**To kick the recipe up a notch try adding a chub of reduced fat sausage. I've also made it with ground turkey instead of ground beef and it actually tastes even better.

This tastes so amazing, especially on a cold night after a long work day. Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

YUMMY! I sure need to try that.

Merfy said...

Thanks for the idea! I was thinking of Chili for dinner Saturday after a full day of sledding!

Natalie said...

Uh, YUM! That looks delicious! I have to say I've never tried making chili. Maybe I'll give this one a shot knowing you LOVED it! Thanks

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Meg, I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and what you post and I think it's great that you share your recipe's with everyone, although I probably would not be able to make half of them! :'( You are a sweetheart and I love ya lots! Oh, and where were you on Sunday? We missed you for dinner and were worried! Hopefully some hot guy offered to make you dinner instead cause that's better!