Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

First off...Merry (Be-lated) Christmas and Happy New Year!!!! I was able to spend a wonderful, albeit very busy, Christmas week with my family. Kiki and her family came down from Idaho and spent the whole week with us. I was fortunate to have the whole week off from work so I was able to spend time with them. We tried to cram as much fun in as possible....

The Annual Arthur Schaub Family Christmas Party was held on the Monday before Christmas. The turn out was a little disappointing; probably because it was held at an earlier time and my aunt and uncle who live out in way west Phoenix hosted it and most of us live out in way East Valley. Anyways, those of us who did go had great Mexican food, and a visit from Santa.My cousins Kristal & Adam Tieman sitting on Santa's lap.

My cousin-in-law Beth, cousin Kandice, cousin Kristal, Uncle Ken, Aunt Kelly holding Beth's baby Cadence, Aunt Jan, and Aunt Donna.

On Tuesday we went to the Desert Botanical Gardens to see the Chihuly exhibit. I thought it was just as spectacular the second time around.

Wednesday night we had our Schaub Family Christmas Eve activities. My family always celebrates Christmas Eve together and there are 2 things that we ALWAYS do...

1) Eat pizza

Kara is eating her first Christmas pizza.

Kiki is enjoying some of Papa John's best.

2.) Read/Act out the story of the birth of Christ.

Here is the cast of this years production. After watching the "live" version acted out, we usually watch the Luke 2 video put out by the Church.

Here are a few other shots I took Christmas Eve while the kids were anxiously crowded around the Christmas tree waiting for "PRESENTS"!

Kate, Enoch, Kaylie, and Jacob
Jacob, Ellie, Audrey, and Zack.

Again, I hope each of you has a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve and I wish you a coming year full of blessings, laughter, strength, and beautiful memories.

Love - Megan

1 comments:

Merfy said...

I love the Christmas Eve pizza tradition! Then there is more time enjoying the people and less time cooking and cleaning! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!