Hummus -- The Most Delicious I've Ever Tasted

I just came up with the most delicious Hummus that I've ever tasted. It is soooooo yummy! I just had to share

Hummus
1 (15oz) can of garbanzo beans, drained
2 TBS lemon juice
1 1/2 TBS tahini (my roommate found it at Walmart -- it's sesame seed puree/oil and looks like runny peanut butter)
1/2 a head of roasted garlic**
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/3 C. olive oil

In a blender or food processor, puree all of the above ingredients. If you want it really creamy, blend longer and add more olive oil.

**roasted garlic -- cut a whole head of garlic in half (cut it horizontal to the counter - you should have a top half and a bottom half). Put the garlic halves on a sheet of tin foil with the garlic cloves facing up, drizzle olive oil all over the garlic and add a dash of salt. Seal up the tin foil so that you make sealed packages. Put the packets on a cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. When done the garlic will be toasted and squishy. Use a fork to pop out all of the little cloves.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Melissa Yergensen said...

Oh ya! I'm definitely trying this one, thanks!