The wisdom of a three year old..

Yesterday was our regular Sunday dinner at my folks' house. I happened to be sitting downstairs on the couch watching t.v. and the kids wrestling around on the floor. My three year old niece came up to me and started petting my skirt (I was wearing a black velvet skirt). This is the conversation we have:

Audrey
(she has an adorably high little voice): "Aunt Megan, you need a daddy."
Me: "A what?"
Audrey: "A daddy. Where's your daddy?"
Me: "My daddy is the same as your daddy's daddy. It's Grandpa Schaub and he's upstairs doing dishes."
Audrey:"No! A DADDY! You need a daddy."
It took me a minute and then I figured out that she meant "husband". Aha!
Me: "You're right Audrey. I need a daddy. I'm looking for one. Do you know where I can find one?"
Audrey, with a very sad look on her face: "No."

4 comments:

Rick & Diana said...

She meant sugar daddy Megan! We need to find you a good sugar daddy :)

Natalie said...

SO CUTE!

Jamie Schaub said...

what a CUTE niece you have! :)

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Oh, how I love that little girl! Two things Audrey always says to me when I see her: "Ewwwie, do you have some bubble jum?" and "Ewwwwie, can I have some of that glitter from your eyes?" Both always make me laugh and I love that girl! I think she maybe meant to say that you need a sugar daddy! :)