New Kids On The Block !!!

It was like I was 16 all over again. Last night I went to the New Kids On The Block concert with one of my best friends from high school, Heather Gordon (now she's Heather Morrison). As many of you may or may not know, NKOTB has reunited, cut a new album, and they're back on tour. I was sooooooo excited about it all and it has brought hundreds of wonderful memories flooding back to me -- Saturday mornings glued to the TV to catch the NKOTB cartoon, buying every teeny-bop magazine on the shelf cuz they had an "awesome picture" of Jordan/Jonathan/Donnie/Danny/Joe, making puffy paint decorated boxers to wear during our trip to LV for my first NKOTB concert. I could go on forever.

Anyways, nuf said about that, you are all probably dying to know how the concert went. First, Heather and I find, on our arrival, that our seats have been changed, for the better!! We're center, row 35...TOTALLY AWESOME! Now we can see everything and as you can tell from the photos the show was everything we were hoping for and then some (some of the pictures in the slideshow got chopped off, but trust me, they are great photos). They did a nice job of mixing up their old stuff with their new stuff.

Here are a few pictures.



Now I have to tell that the crowd at this concert was decidedly different than at the last NKOTB concert we went to in 1990. 90% of the crowd was middle age, most of them were not cute-little-perky-teeny boppers (that's a nice way of saying they made me feel svelte, which is not an easy task, AND they were wearing lycra and leather, can you say EWWW!!), there were several men there (looked to be mostly husbands and boyfriends, etc.), and I counted at least 10 pregnant ladies. Definitely a different crowd, but surely no less noisy. Man could those women SCREAM!!

Anyways...I LOVED the concert. It was a totally blast. It was fun to watch them all sing and dance. Heather and I (and all 20,000 other concert attendees) sang along to pretty much every song.



I've got at least 200 more pictures and about 11 more videos tucked away on my computer. If you're really interested in seeing let me know and I'll "hook ya up".

It would seem that the NKOTB has not lost there appeal, even after 15 years. Viva la New Kids On The Block!

6 comments:

Merfy said...

That is awesome! I never did go to a concert as a kid - I still really haven't been to one. Good for you!

The Morrison's said...

I had a BLAST I'm so glad we went! Thanks for the good time!!

wix said...

Woohoo! How much fun. I thought it a great "next post" after the birthday discussion of, "You're only as old as you feel!" Way to go, Megs! Love ya, Kiki

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Megan! I'm so glad that you made a post about NKOTB cause I was wondering how your concert went! I'm glad that you had tons of fun, I'm sure that it brought back lots of flashbacks too! :) Oh, and your pics turned out great with your new cam, we want to get a new one too. LOVE YA!

Natalie said...

LOVED the pics and the video! Thanks for bringing back fun memories for me! It would have been fun to see them...I'm glad you went!

Melissa Yergensen said...

Hey Megan! I hope you don't mind me blog lurking ... I can't even remember how I got to yours. Funny how blogs are such a spiderweb of sorts. Just wanted to say you look so great! And happy belated birthday. I totally remember when you were all about NKOTB, it's so cool that you got to go.