Rexburg, ID with the Weichers

I gained a greater appreciation for my sister Kiki, and her role as mother last week. While Kiki and Jared had their hands full with the arrival of Baby Karlie, I helped watch their other 3 children, plus my other neice Kaylie (with the incomparable help of my sister-in-law Ellie). My fabulous sister-in-law, Ellie, and my equally fabulous niece, Kaylie, drove 17 hours to Rexburg and enjoyed 4 days with the Weichers family.
I spent most of my time cooking, doing laundry, introducing my neices and nephews to fast food (much to their father's consternation), running errands, and bathing children -- it was perfect. And here's why:
I loved spending time with the kids! We rode bikes (I walked) to the park -- the weather was amazing, went to see "Up" (and Auntie Megan laughed more than the kids), had a welcome home party for Mom, baked apple cinnamon bread, and cuddled.Eli got up early and found me in the kitchen making bread. I love how he still young enough that first thing in the morning, while he's still half asleep, he'll come looking for you and immediatey want to be picked-up and cuddled, gradually coming awaking.

And, I actually did get to spend a few moments with my sister, in between hospital runs.
We drove back to AZ on Sunday, making time to stop and visit Glenn Canyon Damn. Kaylie (and Ellie) was the absolute best traveling companion. I'd take her again in a heartbeat.

3 comments:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Oh Meg...you were the best car buddy/travel partner ever!! We made it....we did that 17 hour drive and I loved every bit of our ID vacation!! Thanks for taking me with you!! We have to go back and maybe this time we will get to hold Karlie!! Seriously, I had such a great time and was able to witness more of your amazing-ness through all of your natural mommy skills!! We can't forget the memorable bubble popping from Kaylie either!!

Next trip NY!! I think Kaylie would like it there too! :)

Donna said...

Megan,
What a great help you are to Kiki and her sweet little family! There is nothing better than having your sister around (except maybe your Mom) to help when you are going through some trying times! Sounds like you had great helpers too! I love rode trips, especially when you are with people you enjoy...makes the trip go by fast and the fun company is a bonus!
Thanks for sharing...I can't believe how grown-up all the kids look!
Love,
Auntie Donna

wix said...

Thanks, Megan. I couldn't have survived without you! I love the pics---incriminating evidence, those soda-sipping kid pics! Love it!