Happy Birthday, Kiki!

Today is June 5th, that means...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIKI!(She'll probably kill me for posting the above picture, but I just love it!)
Kiki has been my one-and-only sister for 33 years. That's a long time...thank goodness I like her. And I've decided, over the years, that there is a difference between "loving" a person and "liking" a person. I will admit that there were a few years there (probably when we were about 13 and 14) where "liking" was a challenge (on both our parts). However, I can happily say that Kiki is one of my very bestest friends and I not only LOVE her but I truly LIKE her. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for my one-and-only sister, cuz otherwise I'd be stuck with nothing but brothers, and there is a HUGE difference between brothers and sisters. :(
Anyways, in commeration of my little sisters birthday I would like to share with you

10 Reasons Why I Love, Like & Admire My Sister, Kiki
10. She always listens to me. Being single, I don't have a built in sounding board in my home (a.k.a. a husband), so I call my sister instead. She doesn't hesitate to stop what she's doing (which occasionally means she has to hide in her closet from the kids) to listen to me and interject the appropriate "You're Kidding!" or "Oh, no."

9. She makes me feel pretty. I've got a bunch of hang-ups (and you're saying, "well, duh, doesn't everyone") and Kiki is so good are sincere compliments.

8. She is my scrapbook-co-conspirator. Fortunately Kiki is more than happy to share my additiction to scrapbooking. She let me drag her to Orlando for a scrapbook conference 2 years ago and is always game for the occasional scrapbook conventions. We really love spending time together scrapbooking.

7. Kiki is UBER TALENTED. This girl is a concert pianist, a cello virtuoso (she still plays with the Rexburg Community Orchestra), she played volleyball in high school, she was an avid rock climber (in her earlier years), she sews, she has a degree in interior design, she cooks, she takes care of 4 kids, she's a gardener, holds down a church calling, and still has time to finish the Twilight series.

6. Kiki has a very soft and charitable heart. She has deep love and concern for all of her family members. Her greatest joys in life truly do stem from her family.

5. We have sooooo many wonderful memories of our childhood. Though their may have been a few rocky years, as children we were each others best friends, especially since we are so close in age. Every time we get together, we inevtiably play the "Do you remember..." game.

4. She is always improving herself, her home, her family. Kiki is not content to just sit back and let life pass her by. She is always doing something to improve herself, or to learn a new talent, or to tackle a new challenge. i.e. -- the gardening thing, she and her husband always seem to have a garden no matter where they live. The orchestra thing, a mother of three (and most recently a 4th was added) surely doesn't have a lot of spare time, but Kiki found a way to pursue her love of the cello through participation in the local orchestra.

3. She is an example of personal faith and commitment to the Gospel. Kiki has faced her own personal challenges in life, and through it all I have seen her diligent commitment to keep her covenants. She is an example to me of "by small and simple things, are great things brought to pass".

2. My sister has been the greatest "cheerleader" in my life! No matter what I am struggling with, or what outrageous goals I have set for myself, Kiki has ALWAYS supported me, encouraged me, and cheered me on. I can never express to her how very much that has meant to me in my life. She has shown me nothing but joy and enthusiasm as I have worked to reach my goals.

1. And the number 1 Reason I Love, Like, and Admire my sister Kiki -- why because she's my sister of course! And there is no better sister in the world than Kiki!


I love ya Kiki and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6 comments:

Dennis/Debra Schaub said...

Megan, I totally agree with your reasons. Kiki is one fantastic person! (just like you!)

Natalie said...

Yes, happy birthday kiki! we sure do love her too!

nat

Donna said...

Megan,
What a sweet tribute...and I agree with you on everything you said about Kiki. You both are so lucky to have each other and I am so blessed to know both of you!
Happy Birthday, Kiki!! We are praying for all of you and baby Karlie!
Love,
Auntie Donna

wix said...

Megan---thank you for everything. I'm lucky to have you for my sister. I'm glad you look past all the bad things about me, and just acknowledge the good! Love you forever, Kiki

wix said...

BTW, since it was my b-day, couldn't you have photoshopped some of the pictures you posted---maybe make me skinny or something? Maybe next year. Thanks :).

Andi Cook said...

Ditto! Ditto!! What a great birthday tribute!! I can't wait to read Kiki's tribute to Megan in October! What sweet sisters! Just like mine! Hugs!