Flashback Friday -- My Very First Memory

Have you ever recorded your very first memory? I mean your very, very earliest memory. My Flashback Friday has me flashing all the way back to 1976 and my very first memory. I know that this memory takes place in Honolulu, Hawaii, not because I remember that, but rather my mother helped give my memory context later. I was a about 2 years old. Anyways, in my very first memory I see myself sitting on a slab of cement with my legs stretched out in front of me. I can remember looking down between my legs and seeing a blob of yellow play dough smashed into the cement. I don't remember why I was playing with the play dough, or whether there was anyone else with me. I just simply remember happily playing with my yellow play dough.
So the cool part is, that a few years ago I was looking through old family photos and guess what I found...a picture of me on that day. Cool!!
Now I really don't remember anything else from our time in Honolulu, Hawaii (which included about the first 3 years of my life), but all the pictures my mom took while we were there, and the stories my Grandma Johnson love to tell about it, fill in all the blanks.

1 comments:

Donna said...

Megan,
I remember you at that age! You were the sweetest, cutest little girl! We all loved you so much! We still do! I enjoyed seeing the photos of you in Hawaii. Too, bad you can't remember more about where you lived, because it is one of the most beautiful places on earth! Did you know that you lived just a few miles from one of the best beaches in Hawaii??....Kailua Beach! I hope you can go back there someday and see that area.
Love,
Auntie Donna