17 Year Friendship

We met 17 years ago at Ricks College in Rexburg, ID. We happened to be put in the same dorm room in Dorm 6. Diana was from Omaha, NE and I was from Mesa, AZ and we were 18 years old. We hit it off from the very beginning. Perhaps it was the fact that we both had an over-active sense of fun. We are both creative people and we both are passionate about many of the same things -- our family, the gospel. That first year at Ricks College with Diana -- and Karen, Kika, Kuippo, and Kim (we were the 2 non-Ks) was one of the most memorable years of my life. I had soooo much fun and met sooo many fun and amazing people.

Well Diana and I had so much fun together that first year that we had to room together our 2nd year. So the second year we were room-roomates at Royal Crest in Rexburg, ID. Again an another, almost, as memorable year.

Diana and I have a friendship where we may go a few years with out contact; however, the instant we talk again it's like no time has passed. She is one of my very dearest friends, and always will be.

This weekend Diana came out to AZ with her mom to visit her sister in Gilbert. It was the first time I've seen Diana in almost 10 years. She did visit AZ one other time in 1998 right after I got back from my mission. So it's been a while. We were only able to visit a few hours (spent some time looking at old photos and playing the "Remember when..." game -- oh the memories!!), but it was soo wonderful to reconnect with her. Of course I wouldn't let her leave without capturing a few pictures. So I decided to post them. The first picture is of the two of us during our second year at Ricks College.

This would have been about 1994 -- 15 years ago.

This picture was taken on Sunday, February 1, 2009.
Where has all the time gone?

5 comments:

Rick & Diana said...

Seriously I don't see any difference.:) I think we look exactly the same, maybe only better now. Okay so 6 kids later I might have more gray but really I think we look better now. You are so right! Kindred spirits you and I!

Rick & Diana said...

Okay I just had to add a disclaimer that the wind is blowing my hair back, it is not some 90's hairspray job!

Jessica said...

Time is seriously going too fast. I don't want to get older! Don't you just love hanging out with friends you haven't seen in awhile? So fun!!!

wix said...

You guys are so cute! Kiki

Melodie said...

Was it really that long ago? Couldn't be, we're not that old.