AZ Renaissance Festival and a trick buffalo

I had a ton of fun on Saturday and then Saturday night I got the flu. It hit me like a truck -- one minute I'm enjoying a cowboy dinner the next my throat was killing me and I was fighting a headache. Anyways...I did really enjoy my Saturday. I started out the day with a really good work out (and it didn't hurt that my favorite gym eye-candy was there :) ) Then I picked up my cousin Jeana and we headed out to the AZ Renaissance Festival. It has been years and years since I've been there, but the paper had a buy-one-get-one-free coupon so I decided it was time to check it out again. Jeana and I had an enjoyable time walking around, checking out some of the acts, looking at the beautiful crafts, and eating some medieval food. I brought my camera because I knew it was a chance to practice my photography skills sooo here are a few of the shots I took.Here's Jeana and the Fool...


Some of the characters at the Festival worried me, because they were just a bit tooo into their character (if ya know what I mean).
There were also some amazing artists and fun crafts as well as delicious food.

So after the adventures at the Renaissance Festival I hurried home so that I could meet with my brother Ryan and head out to way, way north Phoenix to go to a cowboy dinner put on by an old co-worker. Neal now works for a company that puts on this full cowboy dinners with entertainment, activities and old fashion cowboy dinner. Here are a few of the highlights.
First, Ryan and I had a shoot out with some old fashioned pistols -- witnesses will tell you that I out drew Ryan 3 out of 5 times! Next we threw hatchets and tossed horseshoes. Ryan even tried to sink a few golf balls into the outhouse.


The dinner was held at the AZ Living Pioneer Museum, so Ryan and I made sure to visit some of the exhibits of the Museum -- including some old buildings filled with old western tools and materials, a wheel wright, and an old church. Dinner was mediocre -- steak, potatoes, corn, rolls, and salad. The band was great and the dinner entertainment was pretty darn good to. The evening was capped with a trick buffalo. This buffalo has apparently appeared in every tv or movie that has a buffalo in it. It was actually pretty amazing.
When the buffalo first came out Ryan turns to me and says "This looks like the beginning seen of an episode of 'when animals go bad'!" So of course I had to pull out my camera and take pictures, just in case!

2 comments:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Wow, that's so random that you met such a famous buffalo!! How funny!! I hope you are feeling better, we missed you at Sunday dinner!! You are going out of town this weekend huh? Have a safe trip!! Let me know if you need help with planning more of your mom's bday dinner!!

Rushton's said...

sounds like a lot of fun. was this neal-anthropology working for Dr. Clark Neal-or another neal??