Atlanta and Ice Skating

It's been a little while since I last posted and there's been a fair amount that has been happening. Last Saturday, I flew to Atlanta for the National Dropout Prevention Network Conference. It was my first conference in my new job. I did marketing for Pinnacle there at the conference for 3 days. It was a whole new experience, but rather reminiscent of my missionary days. I was at a booth for 2 and a half days and I had to brush-off my old tracting skills. I exercised my skills with the old "commitment pattern". And what do ya know, it still works...a little BRTing and some "Will you..." questions. Very interesting.... Anyways, one BIG thing I learned, Traveling for business is NOTHING like traveling for fun. IT'S WORK! I was very tired by the time I flew home Wednesday afternoon. I didn't get to see much of Atlanta, but I did take some pictures of the fall leaves on the trees outside my hotel. In January I'll be off to Clearwater, FL and in February it will by Myrtle Beach, SC. I asked my boss when he thought we'd be heading to Maui...he gave me the get-real look.


Wednesday night some of the Schaub clan met at Polar Ice in Gilbert to do a little ice skating and celebrate Ethan's 9th birthday. None of the kids had ever tried skating before. Let's just say that it was a harsh introduction to the realities of slippery ice and small metal blades. Regardless, they all seemed to have fun. It was definitely more work for the parents than for the kids. I declared myself the "unofficial" photographer and took my pictures, with my shoes on, from the safety found behind the glass. I think the kids had enough fun, that we just might find ourselves heading back there again.

1 comments:

Merfy said...

Awesome pictures! It looks beautiful even if you didn't get to enjoy very much of it!