I GOT A JOB!!!!


I just accepted an employment offer this morning with Pinnacle Education. As many of you are aware, I've been unemployed since February. It's been a whole new experience for me, as I have never gone this long with out a job AND I've never actually had to do the whole "job search" thing before -- all my other jobs have "come" to me. Apparently, My Heavenly Father understood that I needed to learn something about patience, trust, and faith. And let me tell you it's been a hard learned lesson. I have been blessed with AMAZING family and friends whose prayers and words of encouragement have helped me immensely through this trial. I really could not have done it with out them. THANK YOU to everyone who remembered me in their prayers. I am again blessed with this new employment opportunity.

Here's the story...I was contacted last Wed. by one of the job placement companies I had interviewed at about 4 months ago (I had not heard a peep from them in the 4 months since). They said they had a job they'd like to submit my resume for and wanted to know if I was interested. I said sure, because at this point I was keeping my options wide open. So they arranged for me to have an interview with Pinnacle Education on Monday morning at 10am. I checked out the company's website over the weekend and found out a little more about their company.
  • Pinnacle Education is a company that owns 6 brick-and-mortar charter high schools in AZ.
  • PE also owns one virtual/online high school which has approximately 1,200 enrolled AZ students.
  • PE's district office is in Tempe, AZ.
  • PE is developing online high school classes/programs to be sold to various school districts across the country.

On Monday, I actually ended up having 3 different job interviews (go figure). So I went to my 10am appointment with PE. I met with one gentlemen and we talked about my employment history and experience. He also explained that the position they were looking to fill was an administrative admin for the Marketing Department which was in charge of the new online high school programs which were being sold to school districts across the country. It was a relatively brief 10 minute discussion. He then asked me if I had some time to stay and fill out a general application and meet with Kurt so he could interview me. I said that I had the time and so I filled out their forms and waited to speak with Kurt.

Anyways to make this long story short…turns out that Kurt’s the President of the company. We had a good discussion and then he tells me that he was impressed with our meeting, but they had a few more people to interview this week. He said that he would probably be contacting me at the end of the week to give me their final decision.

So I left the interview filling pretty positive, but keeping an open mind because I had 2 more interviews that day. Those interviews went OK, but I wasn’t really sold on either of the positions. However, after the last interview at 3pm I was in my car on my way home and I got a phone call from Kurt. He said that they wanted to offer me the position, at the salary I requested, with a $4K signing bonus, and they wanted me to start on Monday. We’ll you could have knocked me over with a feather. I was NOT expecting call from them so soon. I told him that the offer sounded great, but I would need 24 hours to think it over.

So after much prayer last night, I called Kurt at Pinnacle Education this morning and accepted their employment offer. Yahoo!!! I am leaving the ranks of the unemployed and joining the ranks of the gainfully employed. I am so grateful for this wonderful blessing. And boy am I going to enjoy my last week of “vacation”.

3 comments:

jeana said...

CONGRATS Megan!! Wonderful news... :) and even better that you got what you were asking for..and then some... and why expect anything less...you are FABULOUS!! :) best of luck in your step back into the world of the gainfully employed! .... we should play sometime this week!!

Natalie said...

Congrats Meg! Isn't it funny how life happens? All at once, but yet with so much time in between. I'm happy for you, and good luck.

deena leena said...

Congratulations!Whew! Glad to hear you are rejoining the work force! You are way too talented to not be sharing your talents! Good luck with your first day on the job!

I think I'll be in the job hunt mode soon as I need to increase my income. So we'll see! I'm so happy for you! Party on my friend!