Flashback Friday -- Handy Father

My cousin Natalie always has the coolest ideas, so I'm going to copy her (again). Every Friday on her blog she does a "Flashback Friday" where she posts some old pictures and writes about her memories. It's really fun to flashback with her. So I've decided I'm going to do Flashback Friday as well. So here's my flashback...

My Father - Mr. Build-It
My father is multi-talented. Not only is he a great provider, but he is extremely smart (as in nuclear science smart), spiritually strong, fun, interesting, helpful, and multi-talented. One of his MANY talents is his ability to build and fix things. My whole life my father has been a do-it-yourselfer. He's built it, remodeled it, fixed it or designed it. He did so many neat things for our family, especially when we were young.

Here are a few examples...


  • Our playhouse in the backyard -- This wasn't always a playhouse (don't get too distracted by my lovely pink leg-warmers, you know you had some just like them). It started out as a sandbox, but my dad covered it with our playhouse cuz the neighborhood cats kept using the sand. We LOVED this playhouse. In fact, the entire neighborhood of kids loved this playhouse. I remember many days dragging out tables and chairs, electric cords for fans, boxes, food, and toys out to play in the playhouse. In fact when we moved, I think we all missed the playhouse more than we missed our real house.
  • My dollhouse - I must have been about 5 or 6 when my dad and mom put together this dollhouse for me. Dad built it and mom decorated it and I LOVED it. For years it was home to all of my dolls.
  • Stilts -- I can't find a picture of them, but when I was about 8 or 9 my dad built a pair of stilts for us kids. They couldn't have raised us more than 12 inches of the ground, but we thought they were AWESOME. Again, another toy that my dad built which the entire neighborhood enjoyed.
These are just a few of the things my father has built or put together. He is absolutely amazing. Whenever I need help he's always there, no matter what. I love him for that and for so many other reasons.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Megs-okay you were so cute when you were a little girl! Still are too! I love the apron your dad is wearing! What a great flashback! I think everyone needs to join in and do this on Fridays---it gets the journaling done!

jeana said...

I think I might join in on the flash back friday too! :) nats full of good ideas! .. and Megan.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your leg warmers... maybe we should bring them back? :)

Dennis/Debra Schaub said...

Megan, actually your mom built all those projects and your dad just posed for the photos!