Happy Mother's Day (belated)

It has been a while since I've posted. This past week I've been working for First Solar, but yesterday was my last day. They essential completed the project that they need my assistance with. It was a very interesting learning experience for me, but I realized that perhaps I'm not as interested in being a part of "Corporate America" as I thought. Everyday spent in a cubicle, living and dying by what your Outlook tells you and spending many, many, many hours with your fellow employees and very few with your family. Most of the people there thought nothing of 10-12 hour work days, everyday. In fact it was the norm. Definitely not for me.

Anyways...on to much more enjoyable topics, namely MOTHER'S DAY! A big beautiful belated HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY goes out to all the amazing women I know. There are few things on this earth as amazing as mothers, and right now I'm hard pressed to name any of them.
I was blessed with a mother who I think is the World's Greatest Mother!!! I could be here all day telling you why I think she's the bestest, but instead I'll just list a few reasons,

Why My Mom Is The Best
  1. Her first priority is, has always been, and will always be her family. Their physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional well being. There is nothing more important to my mother than her family.
  2. My mother supports me personally in so many ways, as I know she does each one of my brothers and sister (all six of us). She has always attend every single one of my performances, throughout my very involved life. She's read my thesis (and who can say they willing suffered through 150 pages of dry academic literature). And today she even comes to my scrapbook crops (even if she just brings school papers to grade.) My mother has physically supported me in more ways than I can count.
  3. My mother encourages me to be the best person I can be. Throughout my life my mother has encouraged me to try new things, do my very best, and excel at whatever I pursue. Whether it was playing the viola, being a RS president, getting an education, or even scrapbooking, my mother has shown me by example that I should always put forth my very best effort in everything I do. My success in life has come, in part, because of the encouragement and example of my mother.
Well I think that is enough to show you just a little of why my mother is so AMAZING! And it is always hard to find an appropriate mother's day present for her. So I've now just resorted to making her things. This year I made her a little playing card box filled with the faces of those she loves. I've included pictures of it.