He's Back....Yahoo!!!!!!

I am so excited! He's back. If you haven't heard, Indiana Jones is back! He'll be coming to a theater near you on May 22nd with "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". I was thrilled when I heard the title of the new movie. For all of my archaeology friends, I'm sure you were just as thrilled as I was. Just as an FYI for everyone else, there is a running joke, when were out on digs, that we are going to find the elusive crystal skull. The crystal skull that was brought to the planet by the aliens. The skull is usually just waiting for us in the next pit, the next bucket, or the next layer, etc., etc., etc. In writing it down it just not as humorous as it is when you're digging and screening dirt in 100+ degree temperature.

So anywho, now we get to see a "real" archaeologist chase after the crystal skull. For those of you who are under the delusion that Indiana Jones is an authentic archaeologist, I hate to burst your bubble. As the harsh voice of reality, I'm here to tell you that archaeologists: 1) Don't break into sacred temples and steal artifacts because they "belong in a museum", 2) Do spend more time in the lab and doing paperwork than actual digging, 3) Don't look like Harrison Ford (then or now). However I will admit, I Love Indiana Jones movies. They are a ton of fun to watch, disregarding all the cultural, historical, and archaeological fallacies.

I'm planning on being at the theater on opening day, and I'll probably be dragging my brothers Jeff and Ryan with me. I'm so excited! As soon as I see it, I'll be sure to post my opinion - because my opinion means oh so much! :)

Till then, just remember "'X' never, ever marks the spot!"

0 comments: