Happy National Scrapbook Day!

So I bet you didn't know that yesterday, May 3rd, was National Scrapbook Day! So Happy (belated) National Scrapbook Day. In celebration of this auspicious day I organized a scrapbooking crop through my East Valley Scrapbook Guild. I've spent the last month organizing this thing -- setting up the online ticket ordering system, booking the room, coordinating the caterer, purchasing the prizes for the drawing, making signs, etc. And it turned out to be well worth it.

We had about 17 ladies come to the Saratoga Springs Recreation Center, yesterday from 11:00am - 6:00pm. I only knew about 6 of the ladies personally, the rest were "friend-of-a-friend", etc. Within the scrapbooking community it really seems to be a case of everyone being "friends you just haven't met yet". The women were wonderful and come from all types of backgrounds and stages in life. The youngest there was probably in her early 20's and Thema Hall was in her 80's.

Of course the ladies did as much visiting as they did croppin', but hey, that's the point. However, almost all of them said they completed many more pages and projects yesterday than they were expecting to.

One of the highlights of the day had to have been lunch. I asked my Aunt Kelly to cater the lunch, as she has a small catering business. Oh my goodness, Kelly's pasta salad was a HIT! Along with the pasta salad Kelly served wonderful triple decker finger sandwiches, watermelon, delicious homemade brownies and lemon bars. It was all spectacular. If you're interested in Kelly's amazing Fruity Chicken Pasta Salad you'll need to head on over to my East Valley Scrapbook Guild blog to get the recipe, as all the ladies asked that I get the recipe from Kelly and then pass it on. Fortunately, there was more than enough food to keep everyone going.

As all good things, the day came to an end. It is really amazing how time flies when you're having fun. I'm already looking forward to my next crop.

0 comments: