Cowboy Dinner at the Old-Folks Home

I wish I had pictures to go with this post, cuz they would be adorable. I went with my mother tonight to have dinner with my grandma. She is currently living at this fantastic assisted-care facility in northeast Mesa. Tonight was their special "Family & Friends Cowboy Dinner" night. We took grandma downstairs to the dinning room which was filled with people in checkered shirts and cowboy hats. Boy did those people know how to get in the spirit of things. There was enough "bling" there to rival what I saw at the Houston Rodeo.

To top it off, the dinner was better than any barbecue that I had in Houston (not counting my Uncle Reed's grilling). They had these great ribs and their baked beans were pretty darn good. I had fun watching people dance in the isles and all the visitors and residents really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I was impressed by the fact that most of the employees new all the residents by name. My grandma had something interesting to tell me about most every person that walked, scooted, or rolled by.

I had a wonderful evening and made another wonderful memory with my grandma.

1 comments:

Donna said...

Megan,
I heard it was a fun time...I am so glad you were able to be with Grandma and that she attended the activity!
Good memories for all,
Auntie Donna