Back from Sabbatical With New Flower

So it would seem that I've returned from my month long sabbatical. It's not that I haven't had anything to blog about, it's almost the opposite in fact. I have had too much happening and not even a minute of time to sit down and blog, literally. From the moment I wake up (I trying to get back on the 4:30am work out schedule - not going exactly as I had hoped, *sigh*) until the moment my head hits the pillow (somewhere between 9:30pm and 10:00pm) I'm going -- work, RS, RS, friends, and more RS (it sure would be nice to fit some dating in there *huge sigh*). Besides, after spending 8-10 hours a day at work on the computer, I'm always hard pressed to want to turn it on when I get home.

HOWEVER, I need to blog for me -- my personal record, and to connect with the outside world, through something other than Facebook *another big sigh*.

Anywhoooo, last Saturday my friend Jacque and her mother taught Susan and I how to make these FAAAABULOUS flowers which can be worn in your hair, on your shirt, on your purse, attached to a necklace, basically any where you need a little dazzle. They were super simple to make and are super cute. All you need is synthetic fabric, a candle, needle and thread, a button, and some felt for the back. I can't wait to make more. Here's my first flower. It's roughly 3.5inx3.5in and has an alligator clip on the back.

I took several shots of the flower, some with my camera on a tripod and others just holding the camera

1 comments:

cheri said...

Beautiful!! When can you come teach my girls how to do this? I love the fabric and the button you used. Wish I had a fabric store close by.