Positive Affirmations

I've been asked to take some photos as the wedding of a good family friend/cousin. In fact I used to babysitt little Tricia -- tomorrow she's getting married. I warned Tricia's mom, Andrea, that I was a TOTAL amateur and they would get what they paid for with me. Fortunately they have a professional taking the formal picture, so I'm not the ONLY source of tangible memories for this mementos day. Nevertheless, I'm a little concerned that I won't be any good.

So in an effort to remind myself , "I can do hard things!", I went back looking through some of the photos that I've taken this past year. I was reminded that for every 100 photos I take (and I'm not exaggerating there) I get one really good picture that I feel has "thick description" (see anthropologist Clifford Gertz).

I wanted to post a few of my photos that speak to me:

My cousin Troy's daughter, Claire

Caught this one weekend while out riding ATVs
My Grandpa Schaub playing cards.
My mother at her father's funeral.
Can you feel it?

4 comments:

jeana said...

These are really good Megan! and you are going to do just great at the wedding :)

Natalie said...

I love your pictures! Andrea was smart to hit you up! Good luck, and yes, you'll do GREAT!

Susan said...

You are AMAZING! You have no need to worry! You will do great!

wix said...

Beautiful, Megs.