Megan's Reality Show

So if I had a t.v. crew following me around all day filming "Megan's Reality Show", this is what you would have seen:
  • my eyes popping open at 3:59am, cuz for some weird reason I usually wake up about 1-2 minutes before my alarm goes off. I guess its a defense mechanism, cuz the sound of my obnoxious alarm really grates on my nerves and so I wake up before it goes off so I can turn it off before I have to hear it. I usually wake up every morning humming some crazy tune. This morning it was "Walking After You" by the Foo Fighters (don't ask).
  • I throw on some clothes and head over to gym -- check out the eye-candy (yes, this is one of the reasons I go to the gym sooooo stickin' early) -- get on the treadmill and sweat my way through Week 3 of the "Couch Potato to 5K" podcast (it's great!). I'm too lazy to stay and do upper body strength training like I should, so I just cool down and then head home -- I'll make up for it tomorrow, *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*
  • Go home, shower, get ready for work, spend too much time watching HGTV so I don't get to leave the house as early as I was shooting for (but decided I will NEVER do a room in burgandy -- what were they thinking!). I avoid using Southern, cuz they're doing construction. Instead it's stop-and-go along Baseline all the way to work. I spend most of my time in the car getting worked up while I listed to talk radio.
  • Get to work by quarter after 7am. Spend the morning frantically trying to pull together an RFP response with a deadline of 2pm. Also had to get everyone to sign a birthday card for my boss, cuz his birthday is tomorrow; head over to the new office building and help surprise the boss with a small birthday party. Rush back to the main district office to finish submitting the RFP response, work on getting out a company newsletter to the students -- of course run into all kinds of snafuuuus. Have a crazy afternoon of answering emails, questions, complaints, "but-what-about-me"'s from employees after I sent out a few company wide emails about newly established protocols...WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD THINGS THAT THEY ARE THE EXCEPTION? hmmmm!!!!
  • Finally, after spending most of my day running back and forth between my office and my co-worker, Gabe's desk. I finally packed up my stuff and head home a little after 4pm.
  • Fight my way through traffic in 104degrees weather. Thank my lucky stars for air conditioning as I sit at a traffic light looking at the poor women melting in the car next to me sitting with her windows down flapping her hands near her face. I don't feel too bad because I paid my dues...I drove "Clarence" my trusty 1988 Nissan Pick-up for 3 years without airconditioning.
  • Once I got home, I did some laundry, some dishes, talked to my mom on the phone about her first-day as a new 3rd grade teacher.
  • I made pork chops with chunky apple raisin savory glaze and a baked potato on the side -- I need a husband to make dinner for.
  • And then I'm ending the day with some Facebook time, an update to my blog, and a little blog surfing for new craft stuff.
  • The last scene of my day would be me getting ready for bed, reading some in preparation for my Sunday School lesson this Sunday, saying my prayers and then....my favorite time of the day...I crawl into my bed, turn off the lights, and go right to sleep.
I wonder what kind of sound track my day deserves? May be I'll wake up humming it tomorrow morning.
GOOD NIGHT!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I learned at an early age that no matter what your age is, what your family life is like, or how many people you have to care for...YOUR LIFE IS BUSY! Everyone fills their days to the max. Most people busy themselves very well...and you definitely are a busy lady! I enjoyed reading "A day in the life of Megan"

Merfy said...

Me too! I love reading your blog and having a chance to still be apart of your life. you are awesome Megan!

wix said...

Another favorite post!