September 11th

On Thursday, September 11th I asked my dad and brother Ryan to join me for lunch and a trip to visit the Sept 11th flag memorial at Tempe Town Lakes Park. My dad and I went to the memorial last year and I was very moved. The city of Tempe has a memorial to remember all of the victims of the September 11th attack. They've posted a 7ft American Flag for each of the victims and attached to each one a card with their name, the home city, and where they were when they died.

I am infinitely grateful to be a citizen of the United States of America. This is a blessing that I have never taken for granted. I fully recognize that this nation has been built upon the shoulders of great men and women who were directed by God and that our nation continues to be preserved by great men and women. Unfortunately, on September 11, 2001, forces which hate the freedoms, prosperity, and blessings which our country enjoy in abundances attacked and thousands suffered for their fear, hatred and evilness. I will never forget the day true heroes died for the freedoms of this country.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Great idea..I wish I could have been there. It's good to catch up on your blog...but I miss your flashbacks! But who am I to speak, I have missed two fridays now. I've had a little too much going on. But I'm back on board baby. Keep in touch! Thanks for your prop 102 post!