Flashback Friday -- "It Was 1980 Something"

This week has been crazy busy. I really haven't had anytime to sit down and post anything and it was all because of enrichment last night. We had a RS luau and I volunteered to make all of the teryaki chicken, for 60 people. So Monday I went shopping. Tuesday night I made the marinade and put the chicken in to marinade over night. Wednesday night I spent 3 hours in front of my parents grill, grilling all of the chicken. And last night was the luau. I'm happy to report that the chicken was FABULOUS! But with the famous Malo family chicken marinade recipe, fabulous chicken is a given. I will admit to being happy that it's done.

Anyways, the flashback today is from 1988, or at least somewhere around there. I'm sort of limited in my flashbacks to photos that I have scanned in. I think this next week I'll have to take a trip to my parents house and borrow their scanner so I can scan in some new "old" photos. This photo is a shot of Kiki and my friends from back in the 80's. For some reason, a free coupon or a discounted coupon, my mom took us to Olan Mills for a photo of us and our friends. I am very grateful she did. We really don't have too many nice photos of us with our friends.
My good friends in this photo are Stacey Edmund, Meredith Neal, and Susan Stott. The 4 of us were friends all through jr. high and high school. I have not seen Stacey in a few years, but I know that she still lives here in AZ. Meredith Neal now lives with her husband and kids in TX and I only rarely get emails from her. Susan Stott and I are still the best of friends. And if you'll check out the posting I did about my recent trip to Flagstaff, you'll see her in some of the pictures.
No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth. -- Robert Southey

0 comments: