Memorial Day - Veterans in my Family

In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln: “With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to … bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who has borne the battle, and for his widow and his orphan—to do all which may achieve … a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.” (Second Inaugural Address, March 4, 1865.)

I am blessed with a strong heritage of patriotism. Many of my family members have put there lives on the line that we may enjoy the freedoms of this great nation. Thank you to ALL of the men and women, and their families, who make such selfless sacrifices for each one of us. God Bless America!

My father graduated from the Naval Academy and served on the submarine USS Theodore Roosevelt.


My Grandpa Schaub flew on over 70 missions in a bomber during WWII. He's the handsome one, third from the left.
My Grandpa Johnson was in the Navy during WWII. He passed away last June and was honored at his funeral by the Veterans organization.
My brother-in-law joined the Army to finish his medical training - he's a physical therapist. He was then called to the front-lines in Iraq where he was stationed in Baghdad for 9 months in 2007.
My cousin was in the Army and served in Iraq for over a year in 2003-2004.I am grateful for the sacrifice made by my family members.

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

i always love your soldier tributes! thank you. we sure do come from a good family don't we?

**but let's not tell michael about the typo. he's not too fond of the army! hee hee!