Dutchoven Cookout at Usery Park

Last Saturday some friends and I went out to Usery Park in northeast Mesa to do a bit of dutchoven cooking. There's just something about cooking in cast iron over an outdoor fire that makes the food taste better. This time I made chili and baked some cornbread. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone and always enjoy perfecting my skills over the old campfire. I dragged along my favorite dutchoven cooking partner, my dad. Here are the pics...BTW I'll be posting recipes and more pics on my food site later.



PS -- Jasmine the dog will be featured in a Mighty Dog commercial during the Dog Show which always follows the Macy's Day parade on Thanksgiving Day. To see how she became famous, check out her blog -- And all that Jaz...

2 comments:

Donna said...

Megan,
You are making me hungry! I love dutch oven meals...there is nothing like them! Do you think it is the preparing and cooking them outside that makes them taste so good? Whatever it is, it is yummy!
Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Auntie Donna

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Sorry I missed it! (at least I got to sample the good food that Deena brought home!)

Thanks for putting a plug in for Jasmine!!! I'm super excited about her upcoming debut! :D