A little bit of everything & Happy Birthday, Jacob!

So it's been a couple of weeks since I last posted, not that a whole lot has happened in the mean time. Rather than bore you with all the monotonous details here are the highlights.

My nephew, Jacob's birthday is today and he's turning 5. Happy birthday, Jacob. Yesterday my mom and I took Jacob and his brother Tyler out to lunch for his birthday. He chose Chick-fil-A as his restaurant (I think it was more for the play area than the cuisine) and we made a stop at Party Place (a party supply store with a pretty good unique candy isle) so that he and Tyler could pick out a candy. Feeling nostalgic, I picked out some Pop-Rock candy. Of course the boys wanted to try some, that is until I put some of the candy in my mouth and they heard all the snapping and popping. Nevertheless, Jacob decided he wanted to give it a try. It was all rather humorous.

This past Sunday night my parents and my brother Jeff with his wife Ellie came over to my apartment for dinner. We ended the evening with a pit of Wii. My dad has recently discovered the joys of Wii Sports, in particular Wii Golfing. He's really taken with, even more than Guitar Hero. So Sunday night we all did a few rounds of Golf and played a few Bowling games. Even my mom got into it. We're now considering getting Grandpa Schaub a Wii, once we figured out that you can play Golf while sitting down. My Grandpa has always loved to golf, but now that he's 89, he doesn't have the physical capacity to play, so we think this may be a great alternative.

I just heard some great news this week. My adorable cousin Jeana recently got engaged. Yahoo!! Congrats goes out to Jeana and her man (whom we've not met yet). He is one lucky dude.

1 comments:

jeana said...

Thanks Megan!! :)